Tuesday, October 23 2012 00:00
Cook Little presents a seminar on hiring best practices – and mistakes to avoid.
Thursday, November 1st at 4pm
Led by employment lawyer Jen Moeckel, this session will provide an overview of the hiring process, independent contractor/employee/intern classifications, and wage & hour and other compliance issues.
The seminar will also provide tips for designing and implementing employee agreements to protect your company’s IP and confidential information.
About Jen Moeckel
Selected as a "New England Super Lawyer" in the area of Employment and Labor, Jen has practice employment law in New Hampshire since 1994.
As a management-side employment lawyer, Jen spends her time helping employers with background checks and hiring; non-compete and non-disclosure agreements; wage and hour laws and payroll compliance; employee handbooks and policies; conducting training for managers and employees; managing leaves of absence and responding to requests for reasonable accommodation; workplace investigations; disciplinary action and documentation; employment terminations, reductions in force, and separation agreements; and preventing and correcting harassment, discrimination, and retaliation.
Moeckel is a 1994 graduate of the Boston College Law School, and graduated from the University of New Hampshire magna cum laude in 1991.
This seminar is not to miss. Seats limited- Register now!
Reception Catered by the Works Bakery & Cafe
The Works is proud to be a client of Cook Little, and Idea Greenhouse loves having both of these NH-based businesses in support of our programs.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Latest IGH News
- Equity Compensation Audio and Slides
- The Sweat Equity Dilemma for NH Startups
- NH User Experience Professionals Meet Jan 16
- NH Joomla User Group at IGH December 12th
- Hiring Seminar Podcast and Slidecast
- Innovations in Ag BioTech at UNH Nov 29
- ORPC Holiday Networking December 12
- Announcing Free Fridays for November and December
- The Works Bakery & Cafe Joins Idea Greenhouse
- 3 Seacoast Companies in NH Product of the Year Competition