Monday, January 23 2012 20:55
What's a great New Year's resolution for you and all of us?
Idea Greenhouse supports Code Year and encourages all our members to learn some code. But why? Listen to these tech luminaries:
"Codecademy’s message — that knowing how to write computer code is becoming just as important as knowing how to read or write — could not have come at a better time." -GigaOm Blog, 1/23/2012
"A young man asked me for advice for 'those who aren't technical.' I said he should try to get technical." -Fred Wilson, Web Startups Angel Investor
I wish I'd thought of [this]...The need for computer literacy has never been greater." - Tim O'Reilly, Founder of O'Reilly Media
You can use the Code Year website to begin their weekly lessons. But what if you need help or inspiration?
Come Work and Learn Together at Idea Greenhouse!
We're joining in the Code Year effort by offering two different in-person events to support and encourage you:
Every Wednesday: Code Year Drop In Hours from 12:30pm to 2:30pm
Once a Month: Code Year Meetups
Join us on Tuesday, Feb. 7th for the Global Code Year Celebration Day!
Join in a truly global event with events in 178 communities and growing.
7pm on Tuesday, February 7th
Even if we don't see you for an event or drop in hours, we hope you'll take some time every week to learn some code. You'll be glad you did.
"Programming is the new literacy." -Zach Sims, CEO and Co-Founder of Codecademy
blog comments powered by Disqus
Latest IGH News
- Equity Compensation Audio and Slides
- The Sweat Equity Dilemma for NH Startups
- NH User Experience Professionals Meet Jan 16
- NH Joomla User Group at IGH December 12th
- Hiring Seminar Podcast and Slidecast
- Innovations in Ag BioTech at UNH Nov 29
- ORPC Holiday Networking December 12
- Announcing Free Fridays for November and December
- The Works Bakery & Cafe Joins Idea Greenhouse
- 3 Seacoast Companies in NH Product of the Year Competition