Thursday, June 07 2012 00:00
Idea Greenhouse is pleased to host the June meeting of the NH Chapter of the Usability Professionals Association.
Interested in usability testing and excellent UI design for mobile devices including the iPhone and Android?
Participants in this session will:
- Learn how mobile recruiting is different from non-mobile recruiting
- Observe the possible pitfalls of prototype testing on a phone
- See the equipment combinations the researchers went through to get to their current testing set-up
- Find out the best places for mobile testing
- Get an overview of mobile usability testing theory and which of those theories are actually used in practice
- Leave with a plan to evolve standard research techniques to suit today's wireless life?
Two parts to the evening:
6pm Networking and Refreshments
Lis Pardi (@LisPardi) is a usability researcher and user interface analyst at EBSCO Publishing. She earned her MS in Library and Information Science from Simmons College in 2010 and immediately set to work organizing the internet. She has worked on interfaces for games, retailers, and research databases. She typically talks about the ways in which libraries will remain relevant in a paperless future.
Kate Lawrence has been creating and researching user experiences for over 15 years. She’s worked in every part of the process — information architecture, interaction design, prototyping and user research — to increase usability in the travel and health care industries She is currently a senior usability researcher at EBSCO Publishing.
More about the Presentations:
After several months of trial and error two researchers are ready to share what they've learned so you can skip to the fun part — testing mobile websites and apps.
Through their work on mobile sites they have tested paper prototypes, prototypes on devices, and competitor sites in informal hallway testing and formal lab testing using mobile phones and tablets.blog comments powered by Disqus
Latest IGH News
- Equity Compensation Audio and Slides
- The Sweat Equity Dilemma for NH Startups
- NH User Experience Professionals Meet Jan 16
- NH Joomla User Group at IGH December 12th
- Hiring Seminar Podcast and Slidecast
- Innovations in Ag BioTech at UNH Nov 29
- ORPC Holiday Networking December 12
- Announcing Free Fridays for November and December
- The Works Bakery & Cafe Joins Idea Greenhouse
- 3 Seacoast Companies in NH Product of the Year Competition